Swedish Dishcloth "Sponges"
Sea Hugger's custom Swedish Dishcloths from Three Bluebirds are made of 70% sustainably forested wood cellulose and 30% organic cotton. The Swedish Dishcloth material is certified by international regulatory organizations to ensure a positive environmental impact. They are 100% natural, biodegradable, and are screen printed with water-based inks. With each order you purchase one dishcloth.
They replace sponges and paper towels:
· Each dishcloth replaces 17 rolls of paper towels.
· Absorbs 20x its weight.
· Is far more hygienic than a sponge.
· Is far sturdier than a paper towel and won't easily fall apart.
· Air dries quickly, so it doesn’t breed bacteria or smell.
To clean the dishcloths:
· Clean in washing machine or top rack of the dishwasher.
· Sterilize in boiling water for 1-2 minutes, or microwave.
· May be gently bleached on occasion.
· Squeeze out excess water and let it air dry.
· Dishcloths can be reused up to 200 times!
What to avoid:
· Do not tumble dry in the dryer.
· Do not wring out, may deform.
· Be careful when cleaning knives, to avoid cutting cloth.
The dishcloth will darken over time (but darkening itself does not impact its effectiveness.) Depending on use these Dishcloths will last 6-12 months. You can retire your cloth when it has darkened and begins to disintegrate. Time to return it to the Earth!
How is this product ocean-friendly?
· Packaged & shipped using plastic-free materials
· 100% natural and biodegradable
· Made in the U.S.A
· Proceeds support Sea Hugger’s ocean conservation education programs
· Replaces wasteful paper towels!